Saturday, July 3, 2010

Self-Discipline and Restraint are Virtues Too

So i worked another 9 hr shift at my internship yesterday again. I now know why so many people are always complaining about how much they hate going to their internships. Taking out garbaes and doing the mediocre jobs when you know you have the skills to do greater things, kinda wears thin on ur nerves. I'm working at a strength and conditioning sports center and don't get me wrong, I got mad love for the facility and the staff that I'm working with, it's top notch and they're helping alot of people, but it's just that I know if they gave me the opportunity to take on some more clients, I could do alot more help.
I only get to really help out the kids, which I'm all for, but even when I'm doing that I'm just an assistant, and the supervisors don't have the exact coordination or perfect lifting mechanics to fully help them. Not saying that I'm perfect, cuz I'm far from it, but I know that i could show them more proper techniques, help them with their coordination, speed and power, better than som of the supervisors can. Sometimes i just wanna step in and be like "look don't listen to him, this is how you should be doing this". But I'm also just a student trying to perfect my craft so I can be so brash. I just want to work with a more mature clientele sometimes. I gotta work my way up the later though, plus it's just an internship so i can't really rush things. Besides patience is a virtue, and I'd like to say that I'm pretty in tune with my values and spirituality, so keeping a sound mind and calm voice would be best for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment