Thursday, July 8, 2010

Never Judge A Book By It's Cover

So another day at the internship goes by, but this time with new surprises. As I'm workin on lifting techniques with some of the kids, my by the book supervisor/owner of the facility hears an Eric B and Rakim joint drop on the radio... Homeboi says yo Ky yo gotta turn this up, it's my jam lmaooo. Middle aged white guy, all about sports bumps Rakim lol. So i'm like cool and turn it up. So then he breaks into the will smith gettin Jiggy Wit It dance. I literally fell on the floor rollin. lol. It was the higlight of my day, even though i was in that place for 12 hours with no pay, it didn't seem that bad after that.
                  And then when we closed the facility and I was getting a little workout in with the other coaches who are around my age, who seem like they worship my supervisor, all spilled their guts out about how they feel like my supervisor's a tight ass, or how he's so focused on certain things instead of others. i was again shocked lol. If you walked into this place you would swear that they were his kids by the way they praise the man, but all the time they were just regular, down to earth people who were willing to keep it real with me. That's why I'm always tellin ppl to never judge a book by it's cover. It's kinda funny, cuz the very thing that I preach all the time, I actually caught myself doing lol. Life's funny that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment