Thursday, December 30, 2010

Blizzard

So I was trapped in the NYC blizzard this past Sunday and my day went as follows. I knew it was gonna be bad so i decided to take the train into Manhattan instead of driving. I drove myself about 8 mins from my crib to get to the train station. I was supposed to work until 11 but because the blizzard was so vicious and nobody was coming in anymore we shut down at 8 o clock. So I hop back on the train back home, by now the snow is like 3 ft high. However I was ridiculously hungry so I got off the train early to get sum mcdonalds. (The ridiculousness that went on in there man). Anyway I got off at 42nd and 8th ave and to get back on my train to the bronx I had to hop on the 6 train which was about 5 avenues down on lexington. So i basically trecked through the snow for 20 mins which would have took me 10 if it wasn't snowing outside like it was the apocolypse! Got back on the train and when I got back to the bronx, it looked like the plows never even came through yet. The snow was about half as tall as me, I couldn't even see 20 ft in front of me -_-. SO i continued my trek to my car which was only a block away but took me like 12 mins to get too and discovered that my car was ridiculously burried in snow. But it wasn't so burried that i couldn't get out. So I tried to shovl my way out but found out that I didn't have the spare shovel in the trunk so all I had was the window scraper. So i had to try n scrape my way out of the snow which was going good for a while until my craper broke in half -_-. Now at this point I was thinkin about walking home but in the snow it probably would've took me like 2-3 hours to get back. So i used my hands and then tried to froce drive my way out (stupid). SO i started ringing ppls doorbells to see if they have any shovels i could use, luckily a family came out and helped me. And while i was shoveling with them I broke one of their shovels too -___- (i'm headin over there to pay em back soon lol). Once I got out of the parking spot i found myself stuck in the street. Than a random kid with a plank of wood came out to help dig me out too lol. Then he put the plank of wood under my car so that I could drive further down the block which worked for a while but didn't completely work in the end. Anyway long story short my sister and my other sister's boyfriend had to come and we all shoveled out n drove home. However the very next day my sister's car got stuck in the snow too so we had to dig her out too lmao.

No comments:

Post a Comment