Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stereotype???

I'm Kinda starting to feel like a black man in America. That is that I'm filling out a lot of applications to other places of work, but have yet to hear back from them. WHat makes it even worse is that I have excellant credentials, or so I think. Finished college from a 4 year institution, interned with one of the top strength and conditioning coaches in the nation, captain of my college track team, B average student, never was fired from a job, and all of my supervisors have nothing but good things to say about me and my work ethic. What could possibly be deterring these employers from calling me back, or atleast setting me up for an interview? And I always ask for an interview too. I started thinking that maybe it was my name. Maybe Kymani on the application is scaring employers, but I don't want to think like. Maybe it's the reality of things but I just try to look on the brighter side of issues. Smh, I just need to hurry and get my certifications so I can start work as a trainer, but shit I might not even get hired at a New York Sports Club or university if my name or skin color messes with my chances...

No comments:

Post a Comment