Thursday, October 21, 2010


 

I was watching the last samurai the other day (one of my favorite movies of all time), and I just can't ever seem to get over how good a movie it is, and how great the acting is. But where many may think Tom Cruise is the star, I feel like the guy who played Katsumoto (Ken Watanabe) and the guy who played Ujio (Hiroyuki Sanada) were the real stars. These guys made the movie. The powerful emotions, expressions, and even fighting scenes seemed even more impactful by these two. Even when Katsumoto would look or walk away with the emphasis that he did, just seemed so eventful, even when it wasn't. Even if I knew nothing about japanese nobility, I feel like i would have learned a great deal about the honor, respect, tradition, and pride that the Samurai held. Great Movie, I should buy it, it's probably pretty cheap now lol

No comments:

Post a Comment