Monday, October 4, 2010

A Little Jealousy and Double Standard's

Me n 2 of my best friends were havin a conversation about life, school, etc.. the other night, and what I kinda got out of it is that it's gonna be a hard period of time from now until we get started on careers and that breakups are hard for both parties but specifically the males. It's like we harbor feelings for the females long after the breakup and for many of us, it's extremely hard to move on. Luckily for me I never was that attached to any of my previous ex's so moving on to what I have now wasn't that big for me, however changing how I acted did take some time. For the most part I believe that us fellas believe that once a breakup happens all the female has to do is offer sum to the next dude and then they're good to go, without having to talk to them or get them to really like em bcuz the next dude just initially wants to get some in the first place. However for us to move on we have to talk to another female, spend time with them, do things for them, before you can have a chance with them (even if they're attracted to you, just the game girls play lol), that is of course unless you're dat nigga who can just get anything u want whenever, but dats what most of us believe. Plus there's the jealousy, anger, sadness and withdrawal that comes with the breakup, and one of my homies came up with the saying " Ex Girlfriends always try to turn it up after you". But anyway it was hard for both of my homies to get over there ex's as was it for me wen i 1st broke up with my current significant other for the 1st time. At first I think we despise them, them miss them(bcuz of the good times together), then become jealous (wondering who's that guy who i saw you with that time and what r u guys doing together), but when we finally move on we grow stronger unless we work it out in some form or another. Anyway we always got eachothers back should any of us have a problem. Long story short, both parties take it bad, women say the best way to get over an ex is to get under sumone new, men say the best way to get over an ex is to get on top of sumone new however we feel it takes us extremely longer to do that because us guys will take anything thrown at us, where women won't (probably a part of their game) hence why we feel like we take the breakup harder and harbor felings longer. Whatever though, relationships are complicated

1 comment:

  1. sorry but that's ignorant... no offense but you know i gotta keep it real. your view is so one sided. lol come on ky you and your friends can do better than that.

    ReplyDelete