Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crazy

Rough day at work the other day. So to start off the day the Estelle and Kanye "American Boy" song comes on at work (which is kinda weird for a gym). And the part where Estelle says some jiberish like "whatawha blood" right b4 Kanye raps comes on. Anyway my supervisor asks me what's my nationality, so I tell him I'm Bahamaian on my mother's side and West Indian on My father's (St. Thomas). So he then asks me, what is it that she's saying right there. Mind you, there's about 30 other ppl here, none black, but he asks me. I say I don't know, I'm pretty sure it's some British slang because she's from the U.K. So then he goes "AHHHH fellas, Ky doesn't know what she's saying on that part and his mother's Jamaican and his Father's Haitian"..... KINDA IGNORANT being that I didn't say I was either of those nationalities, and also because he expected da black kid in the facility to know that. Anyway the older hockey guys are in today (between age 17-25) and they say, " Kymani we didn't know you were Jamaican", I say "I'm not, I told John I was Bahamian and West Indian but somewhere out of there he said I was Jamican and Haitian". So the hokey guys immediately jump on my supervisor like, "John you Racist!, He never said he was Jamaican or Haitian, and how come you asked him what they're saying in the song, just cuz he's black?! We like hip-hop and R & B too jerk". This kinda made me laugh a little, but i was still aggravated with my supervisor, but didn't wanna bark on him like an ignorant nigga, so I cooled off. He apologizes to me for his actions because white ppl never really kno how to control what comes out of their mouths and apologizes if he offended me in anyway. So i forget about it and go on with my day (He's extranice to me the rest of the day).
                                But when he does ask me for something, it's to go get bananas from the store down the street for protein shakes, so when I go to look for my keys for my car, I quickly find out that i don't have them in my bookbag. My mind quickly goes to forgetting them in my car. When i walk to my car I see them hanging in the ignition.... Doors locked. Great. There's a slight crack in my window so I try to push the window down...Failure. Then I go back to work and ask my supervisor for a bar to try to jimmy the window open that i can reach my arm in and unlock the door... failure. Not only do I fail at that, but the people at the facility thought that I was trying to break into a car so they called the local police. We talked it out when they got there, they wouldnt help me either because "THEY DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE". They really called the jakes on me. SMH! They tell me to call AAA which I am not a member of. So I call AARP to find out my membrship was cancelled last year...Failure. So then I try to call the fire dept to see if they can come open it for me. While I'm callin them i see one of those fire chief jeeps leaving the parking lock around 8-10 meters away. So I yell "Hey Wait!!" They start to drive off, So i chase the jeep. I chased this jeep for about 200 meters, without them stopping at any stop signs, me cutting across lawns and throwin my arms in the air, at about 250 meters the guy drivin the jeep revs his engine and starts to pull off, so i throw the bar i had in my hand at the jeep to get his attention and they still don"t stop. So i basically chase da jeep another 200 meters before givin up and the jeep is outta sight.
                          I know, this is a long post, BUT it doesn't end there. I call AAA to open my window, they say they'll send a car over but they'll have to charge me. I say cool watever jus send it. When the AAA calls me and says he's 2 mins away, I get another call from AAA dat says I have to pay the guy 60 dollars, IN CASH or he won't open the window. YOU CAAAAN'T BE SERIOUS! I tell the lady you kno I dont have 60 cash on me. She says do you want me to cancel the car, I say no i"ll get the money. So when I call the AAA car guy back, he tells me he turned around because his supervisor told him to because I didnt have the money. S...M...HEAD!! When I get back to the work I ask my supervisor for a wired hanger to jimmy in the window and unlock the door. I sat in the hot ass parking lot for approx 2 hours trying to unlock that door while a softball game was going on and nobody helped me in a white community. I was hella tight. When I finally got the lock open the whole softball game audience clapped it up for me and was like "YEAAA YOU FINALLY GOT IT OPEN!". I try not to be a nigga but I went off on that whole crowd as I walked back into my internship. Long story, sounds crazy, all true. One of the most annoying yet eye opening days of my life. Somehow I found a way to calm myself down and kick the whole experience to the back, just thought I had to write it down.

1 comment:

  1. lololol wow funny but yet not funny story... dat was a crazy day

    ReplyDelete