Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kinda Different

So I just picked up a part time job at the Urban Outfitters in Greenwich Village (downtown manhattan for those that don't know) while I work on my certifications and grad school. The store's real mellow and the people there seem cool so i'm pretty happy about that. However the process to getting the job was a little weird. Although I applied and got the job within a week, the interview and this online survey they had me take after the interview seemed kinda iffy. During the interview instead of asking about my references and experience, they focused more on what kind of clothes i liked, music I listened too, and fashion that inspired me. Not only was that kinda of different from the norm, but they gave me this like 70 question online survey to take to further the hiring process, but half of the questions dealt with weed and weed smoking. Now I'm not one for marijuana, not for me, but I was beginning to think that it was like mandatory or something in order to get the job. Not to mention a lot of the people that worked in the store looked like they didn't eat or were stoners. Watever though, i answered thequestions honestly and got the job so i guess it wasn't that big a deal

No comments:

Post a Comment